A simple shape gets an eye-catching twist when flattering tracks of bias-knit fabric meet and embrace in a perfectly placed cable. This pullover is knit in four pieces in a lofty garter stitch, then stretch-blocked and sewn together to create a wearable classic with weightless drape and fluid movement.
Fingering weight wool yarn in the following approximate amounts:
- 1290 (1465, 1625, 1810, 1995, 2200) yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 24 stitches & 34 rows = 4″ in garter stitch, after blocking
Note: Gauge for this project changes considerably after blocking; please block your swatch prior to measuring to ensure correct sizing.
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* and one 16″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
- 33¼ (37¼, 41¼, 45¼, 49¼, 53¼)” circumference at bust (seamed)
- Intended Ease: +3–4″
- Sample shown is size 37¼” with +3¼” ease on model