Now Hiring: Freelance Copywriter
We are seeking a qualified copywriter in Portland, Oregon to work part-time on an independent contractor basis, with a preferred start date of early December 2017.
The copywriter will work closely with Brooklyn Tweed’s Marketing Coordinator to assist with a wide range of writing tasks including: blog articles, web copy, social media posts, email campaigns, brochures, collection materials, and more.
The candidate selected for this position must be available for weekly on-site meetings at BT’s headquarters in NE Portland; workload will fluctuate based on current projects and time of year.
This is an ideal position for someone with experience in the fashion/editorial fields, marketing and branding, and/or within the handknitting industry.
- Minimum 2 years relevant copywriting experience
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to write with proficiency about knitting
- Experience writing copy for a business
- Social media marketing experience
- Familiarity with Brooklyn Tweed knitting patterns and yarn
- Flawless spelling and grammar
- Advanced knitter (comfortable “reading” knit fabric and patterns)
- Highly organized
- Strong work ethic
- Highly communicative
- Meets deadlines
- A team player
If you wish to apply, please submit the following by PDF to email@example.com, subject line “Copywriter Application”:
- A cover letter of interest that also describes your experience level and areas of specialty, if applicable, relating to the job at hand;
- Your resume;
- Three writing samples (can be links to blog posts or published materials you’ve written)
Please provide the following information in your cover letter:
- Who are three of your favorite knitters or knitwear designers that you follow on social media? Favorite brands? What makes them so?
- What blogs do you enjoy reading consistently? What about them is enticing to you?
- Your Ravelry username and Instagram username, if applicable
We look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates who are being seriously considered for the position will be contacted by email or telephone.