Pattern Writer/Grader & Technical Editor | Part-Time Contractor
We are seeking a qualified Pattern Writer/Grader & Technical Editor to join our tech editing team on an independent contractor basis.
The ideal candidate will be able to write knitting patterns, including grading for sizes, as well as tech edit patterns; professional experience required. Applicants who do not have pattern grading experience will not be considered for this position.
This is a 1099 contract position. Hours will fluctuate based on current project load and time of year. While core hours will be worked off-site, the candidate selected for this position would ideally be available for occasional on-site check-ins at our headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Compensation will be commensurate with experience; please include your hourly rate in your application materials.
- Demonstrable professional experience with pattern writing, including garment grading, in the hand knitting industry
- Demonstrable professional experience with tech editing in the hand knitting industry
- Ability to work closely with BT’s Pattern Team remotely via browser-based project management software and email
- Adherence to Brooklyn Tweed’s high standards of quality for all of our patterns
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work within a set timeframe and consistently meet assigned deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working remotely in a self-directed environment
- Can maintain prompt, professional communication with our tech team
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator preferred but not required
If you wish to apply, please submit the following by PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Pattern Writer & Technical Editor application”:
- A cover letter expressing interest that also describes your experience level and areas of specialty, if applicable, relating to the job at hand;
- Your résumé;
- Three samples of work that serve as examples of the skills required by this position.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates who are being seriously considered for the position will be contacted by email or phone regarding an in-person interview.
Posted November 30, 2018. Position open until filled.