We’ve had a blast watching garments from our BT Kids collection being created throughout the summer. All the nostalgia of wool-clad children got us thinking about our own sweater-filled pasts. We asked our own BT team members to search their home archives for old photographs of themselves in knits and had a wonderful time looking at everyone’s images. Our inner-office image exchange inspired us to put together an Instagram Contest that would allow our friends and fans to join in the fun!
To celebrate the last month of summer, we’re kicking off our BT Tweedback Thursday Instagram contest.
Here’s how to play:
- Find photos of yourself or your family members in their childhood, clad in hand knits of any kind (hats, scarves, gloves, mittens, sweaters… the woolier the better!)
- Upload your photos to your Instagram feed before midnight on August 25, 2014, being sure to include the hashtag #tweedback in your caption.
- After the deadline, our in-house Design Team will choose 10 lucky finalists who will be entered into a poll for one of three yarn prizes.
- The top 3 prize winners will be chosen by popular vote from our friends and followers on social media!
Yarn Prizes (!):
- Grand Prize: 10 skeins of BT yarn in color and yarn line of knitter’s choice
- 2nd Prize: 2 skeins each of Shelter and Loft in colors of knitter’s choice
- 3rd Prize: 2 skeins of BT yarn in color and yarn line of knitter’s choice
- Finalists: Each of the 10 finalists will receive a free PDF copy of any pattern in our archive
Throughout the contest we’ll be posting our own photos (much to our parents’ delight) on Brooklyn Tweed’s Instagram feed, too. You didn’t think we’d ask for embarrassing pictures from your past without doing the same, did you? (Any guesses whose cheesy grin is pictured above?)
.We hope you’ll play along – we can’t wait to see your images!
- Pictures must be of children (ages 12 or younger) wearing a hand knit item
- Eligible Images must be hashtagged #tweedback on Instagram only to be considered valid submissions. Submissions with or without hashtags on other social media outlets will not be considered.
Don’t have an Instagram account, but want to play along?
They’re free and easy to set up! Just download the free app on your smartphone and follow a few on-screen instructions to set up your account.