Interested in joining our team of Sample Knitters?
We call on our Sample Knitters throughout the year to produce samples for our seasonal knitwear collections and individual pattern releases. Currently, we are looking to widen our pool and are specifically interested in working with advanced knitters of lace and stranded colorwork.
Please note that due to shipping costs, we are looking for knitters in the continental United States, with particular interest in those in the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Our ideal Sample Knitter is:
- Proficient and experienced with most knitted garment construction methods
- Able to learn new techniques independently
- Able to confidently work from “barebones” patterns in development
- Detail-oriented and willing to tackle a challenge
- Able to manage their time wisely and adhere to strict deadlines
- Open to constant and timely communication with designers, tech editors, and the collection coordinator throughout the sample knitting process
Our Sample Knitting compensation package includes:
- Per-yard monetary compensation for yardage worked in a sample
- Free of charge Yard-for-Yard Matching in your BT yarn of choice upon completion/approval of a sample
- Additional BT.com yarn discounts and pattern perks
If you are interested in joining our team of Sample Knitters, we invite you to download an application form below. Please email your completed copy of the application PDF to Lis Smith, our Design Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the number of applications we receive for Sample Knitting, we do not have the ability to personally respond to every knitter, but we are sincerely grateful for your interest and time. Candidates who are being seriously considered as a new Sample Knitter will be contacted by email with more information on our procedures and rates.
We look forward to seeing your knitting!
Please note that Sample Knitting is different from our Preview Knitting Program — the samples knit by our Sample Knitters are owned by Brooklyn Tweed and are used for photography and for our trunk shows that travel the country. If you are interested in the latter, please visit this page for more information.