A study in geometric contrasts, this design uses deeply vented side gores to break open an angular pullover striated with Quaker ridging. Cables accentuate the unusual construction. Fitted with gentle ease through the bust and shoulders, Arabella is designed for beauty and comfort. The stockinette gores drape, fold and swing to create alluring movement in the tent silhouette, and the generous crew neck and bracelet-length sleeves provide further feminine detailing. Seamed construction adds stability and professional crispness to this eye-catching garment.
Read more about this pattern and the designer on our blog.
- 1375 (1535, 1725, 1895, 2060, 2255) yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 24 stitches & 38 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch, after blocking
- 6-stitch 3/3 Right or Left Cable panel measures 1″ wide, after blocking
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* and one 16″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
- 31¼ (34¾, 38¾, 42¾, 46, 49¼)” circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: +2–4″
- Sample shown is size 34¾” with +1¾” ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern
- Cabled Cast On