Alexis Winslow’s stranded mittens feature graphic arrow motifs scaling their length. Worked in a firm, 2-color fabric, the mittens are both warm and refined. Instructions have been included to allow the wrist length to be customized for a shorter or longer mitten. Choose two colors with a high value contrast for a bold, graphic effect as shown, or lessen the contrast for a more understated look.
Fingering weight wool yarn in the following approximate amounts:
- 145 yards of Background Color (“BC”) and 110 yards of Dominant Color (“DC”)
- 1 skein in each color of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 275 yards/50g)
- Photographed in colors Postcard (BC) & Pumpernickel (DC)
Note: A second pair of mittens can be made with leftover yarn, if colors are reversed.
- Working & Finished Gauge: 34 stitches & 40 rounds = 4″ in circular colorwork pattern; before and after blocking
Size A needle:
- One set of DPNs (or long circular, if knitting with Magic Loop Method) in size needed to obtain gauge listed above
- Suggested Size: 2¼ mm (US 1)
- 7½” hand circumference (not including thumb gusset), 11″ long from base of hem to fingertip (with adjustable length instructions provided at wrist)
- Average Adult Female; to fit hand circumferences 6¾ – 7½”