Christoffers’ tailored cardigan is a perfect balance between casual comfort and finessed fit. The allover mock-cable texture adds a rustic quality, and a zipper-front makes it a perfect cardigan for layering. The sweater is worked with two strands of Loft held doubled, creating a parallel-plied worsted weight yarn with added warmth and great stitch definition.
Approximately 1045 (1155, 1335, 1495, 1660) yards of Aran weight wool yarn OR 2090 (2305, 2670, 2990, 3315) yards of fingering/sport weight wool yarn, held double
- 18 stitches & 25 rows/rounds = 4″ in Pattern Stitch (charted) with Size A needle, after blocking
- 17 stitches & 24 rows/rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle, after blocking
Size A needle (for Main Fabric):
- One 32″ circular needle and set of four or five double-pointed needles (DPN) in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B needle (for Ribbing):
- One 32″ circular needle and set of four or five double-pointed needles (DPN) one size smaller than Size A needle
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
- 31 (36¼, 41¾, 47, 52¼)” bust circumference, including zipper
- Intended ease: 2-3″
- Sample shown in size 36¼” with +2″ ease on model
- Yarn is held double throughout.
- Cable stitch motif is charted only.
- Body and sleeves are worked from the bottom up. Sleeves are worked in the round to the underarm and cap is worked flat.
- Body is worked in one piece, back and forth to the underarm, where Back & Right/Left Fronts are separated and worked
individually to the shoulders.
- Zipper closure is sewn in during finishing.