We’re big fans of wool shawls in the Fall – such versatile pieces keep you warm and comfortable, and are great accents for all types of layered wardrobe combinations. This triangular shawl is a texture-lover’s dream. The border features garter stitch, meandering cables, and short-row detailing. The main body fabric is worked in a lovely variation on Moss Stitch which creates balance for the more heavily patterned border. We hope Ashby keeps you warm this Fall and Winter!
- Approx. 740 yards of light worsted weight wool yarn
- 4.25 stitches and 6.5 rows per inch over Main Body stitch pattern, relaxed after blocking
- One 32″ circular needle in size needed to obtain pattern gauge
- One 32″ circular or pair of straight needles one size larger than Gauge Needle (for Border)
- Suggested sizes: US 8/5 mm and US 9/5.5 mm
- 66″ Wingspan, 33″ Height at spine, relaxed after blocking
The horseshoe cable on the border section of this shawl reverses direction after the central corner turn; the cable twists on the second half of the border move “outward” rather than inward as given for the first half of the border. Please refer to the border charts for full details.