This airy wrap is knit with shifting panels of mesh lace and stamped with arrowheads of garter stitch to thoroughly modern effect. Worked from one end to the other, Bauhin begins with just a few stitches and becomes a parallelogram through increases and decreases. The tapered ends are easy to toss jauntily over your shoulders for casual elegance. Knit in Plains, Bauhin is a feather-light accessory that will add panache to simple outfits in any season.
- 970 yards of lace weight wool yarn
- 3 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Plains (100% American Rambouillet wool; 440 yards/50g)
- Photographed in color Rainier
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 20½ stitches & 26½ rows = 4″ in Chart Pattern, after blocking
- One 32″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
- 21″ wide; 96¼” long
- Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Circular Cast On