These stranded mittens feature two different motifs and can be worn with either side on the tops of your hands. For ease of working, the pattern refers to a specific Left and Right Mitten, though the fit is interchangeable depending on which side you feel like wearing “up”. Latvian braids centered over the ribbed cuff add a unique detail to this classic mitten shape with a side-gore thumb.
- Dominant Color (DC): 75 yards (shown in Meteorite)
- Background Color (BC): 145 yards (shown in Woodsmoke)
- 2 skeins (1 per color) of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50g)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 8 stitches and 8 rounds = 1″ in stranded colorwork (worked in the round), after blocking
- One set of DPNs (or a long circular, if using the Magic Loop Method) in size needed to obtain gauge listed above (Sugg. US 3/3¼ mm)
- One set of DPNs (or long circular) two sizes smaller than Gauge Needle (sugg. US 1/2¼ mm)
- 7½” hand circumference; 9¾” length from base of cuff to fingertips
- Dimensions taken after blocking
- Average Adult Female