Beat the cold weather in instant style with a chunky cable-knit scarf or wrap. Blocks of textural patterning reminiscent of seamen’s ganseys create an attractive allover fabric and keep the knitting process engaging. Work up a traditional scarf or, if you prefer accessories that don’t mince around, expand your Byway to a dramatic wrap. Quarry makes the knitting fly and shows the stitch patterns beautifully.
Byway is also available as part of Jared Flood’s first print book, WOOLENS.
- 740 (1185) yards of chunky weight wool yarn
- 14 stitches & 24 rows = 4” in Moss Stitch, after blocking
- One pair of straight needles or a 32” circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 6½ mm (US 10½)
- 11 (18)” / 28 (45.5) cm wide; 80” / 203 cm long
- Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking