These stranded mittens feature an allover geometric pattern on the hand, and a modified Norwegian “lice” filler on the palm and thumb. I was so inspired by this intriguing color combination, with its strong complimentary undertones. The rich, golden Hayloft has a base of orange flecks that combine harmoniously with Truffle Hunt’s underlying shades of blue. This cool brown really makes the colors pulsate together. We encourage you to experiment with your own color combinations!
- Dominant Color (DC): 85 yards
- Background Color (BC): 125 yards
- 1 skein of each color of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50g)
- Photographed in Hayloft (DC) and Truffle Hunt (BC)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 8 stitches and 8 rounds = 1″ in stranded colorwork (worked in the round), after blocking
- One set of DPNs (or a long circular, if using the Magic Loop Method) in size needed to obtain gauge listed above (Sugg. US 3/3¼mm)
- One set of DPNs (or long circular) two sizes smaller than Gauge Needle (sugg. US 1/2¼mm)
- 7½” hand circumference; 9¼” length from base of cuff to fingertips
- Dimensions taken after blocking