Get ready for fall with a mulled blend of closely related hues: two strands of Loft held together allow you to create your own custom color for this pullover. With A-line shaping and 6-8” of ease, Carver is perfect for casual weekend wear, but its crisp patterning of twinned diamond cables on a ground of seed stitch makes this modified raglan smart enough for the office as well. Choose between a crewneck and a turtleneck in single rib to match the hem and cuffs.
The sweater shown on the male model is Jared Flood’s Oshima from the BT Men 2 Collection.
- 1555 (1725, 1980, 2070, 2290, 2445) yards each of Color 1 and Color 2 fingering weight yarn
- Yarn amounts include enough to work either neck treatment
- Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 275 yards/50 grams)
6 (7, 8, 8, 9, 9) skeins each of Color 1 (C1) and Color 2 (C2)
Sample photographed in color Stormcloud (C1) & Faded Quilt (C2)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 16 stitches & 28 rounds = 4” in Seed Stitch with Size A needle(s) and 2 strands of yarn held together, after blocking
- 21 stitches & 28 rounds = 4” in Cable Chart pattern with Size A needle(s) and 2 strands of yarn held together, after blocking
- One 30-stitch repeat from Cable Chart measures 5¾” wide with Size A needle(s) and 2 strands of yarn held together, after blocking
- Correct length of the one-piece yoke is dependent upon achieving the stated round gauge.
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One each 16” and 32” circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Ribbing & Tubular Bind Off of optional Collar)
- One each 16” and 32” circular needles and one set of DPNs* one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On and Bind Off only)
- One each 16” and 32” circular needles and one set of DPNs* one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
*32” circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 36 (40½, 44½, 48½, 53, 57)” / 91.5 (103, 113, 123, 134.5, 145) cm circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 6–8” (15–20.5 cm)
- Sample shown is size 40½” (103 cm) with 6” (15 cm) ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- 1×1 Tubular Cast On
- Sloped Bind Off
- 1×1 Tubular Bind Off
- Kitchener Stitch (Grafting)