Get ready for fall with a mulled blend of closely related hues: two strands of Loft held together allow you to create your own custom color for this pullover. Carver is perfect for casual weekend wear, but its crisp patterning of twinned diamond cables on a ground of seed stitch makes this modified raglan smart enough for the office as well. A slight V-taper from hem to chest keeps the silhouette trim despite the comfortable loose fit. Work a crewneck in single rib to match the hem and cuffs or finish with a cozy turtleneck.
- 1965 (2210, 2395, 2590, 2835, 3100) yards each of Color 1 (C1) and Color 2 (C2) of fingering weight yarn
- Yarn amounts include enough to work either neck treatment
- Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50 grams)
- 8 (9, 9, 10, 11, 12) skeins each of Color 1 (C1) and Color 2 (C2)
- Sample photographed in colors Stormcloud (C1) & Truffle Hunt (C2)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 16 stitches & 28 rounds = 4” in Seed Stitch with Size A needle(s) and 2 strands of yarn held together, after blocking
- 21 stitches & 28 rounds = 4” in Cable Chart pattern with Size A needle(s) and 2 strands of yarn held together, after blocking
- One 30-stitch repeat from Cable Chart measures 5¾” wide with Size A needle(s) and 2 strands of yarn held together, after blocking
- Please note, correct length of the one-piece yoke is dependent upon achieving the stated round gauge.
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One each 16” and 32” circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Ribbing and Tubular Bind Off of optional Collar)
- One each 16” and 32” circular needles and one set of DPNs* one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On and Bind Off only)
- One each 16” and 32” circular needles and one set of DPNs* one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
*32” circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 42 (46½, 50½, 54½, 59, 63)” / 106.5 (118, 128.5, 138.5, 150, 160) cm circumference at chest
- Intended Ease: + 6–8″ (15–20.5cm)
- Sample shown is size 46½” (118 cm) with 3½” (9 cm) ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- 1×1 Tubular Cast On
- Sloped Bind Off
- 1×1 Tubular Bind Off
- Kitchener Stitch (Grafting)