Celes is a lace stole with a traditional construction: a central lace panel is worked first and is finished by way of a knitted-on edging that frames the entire rectangle. The center panel is worked in two sections in order to achieve mirroring vertical motifs on both sides. Upon completion of center panel, both halves are grafted at the center line using kitchener stitch, before working edging.
- Approximately 630 yards of fingering weight yarn
- Sample shown used 3 skeins of Isager Alpaca 2 (50 % alpaca, 50% wool; 272 yards/50g)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 19 stitches & 25 rows = 4″ over lace pattern; measurement taken from relaxed fabric after blocking
- One set of straight or circular needles in size needed to obtain gauge listed above
- An additional long (32″ is sufficient) circular needle in the same size as Gauge Needle for picking up and holding perimeter stitches of rectangle while working edging
- Suggested needle size: US 6 (4mm)
- 74″ x 17″ rectangle, after blocking