Cobblestone pays homage to the rustic, homespun texture of garter stitch. Jared Flood’s first design celebrates simple, timeless details: a round yoke, subtle ridged side panels, and garter edges. The garter yoke lends visual weight to the shoulders for a flattering masculine effect, and short rows raise the back for a comfortable fit. The intuitive, circular construction hews to the principles of Elizabeth Zimmermann and makes for a knitting experience as comforting as a cup of hot tea. Cobblestone is a great first sweater and pleasing return to basics for the more experienced knitter. Choose a size that will give you about four inches of ease for a classic fit.
- Approximately 1210 (1320, 1540, 1760, 1870) yards of worsted weight wool
- 18 stitches & 29 rounds = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
- One 32” circular needle, one 16″ circular, and one set of DPNs in size needed to obtain gauge
- Suggested size: US 8/5 mm
- 39.5 (43.5, 47.5, 51.5, 55.75)” finished garment at chest