Turn your knitting sideways for a fresh perspective. Knit from side to side with columns of garter stitch dividing the fabric, Colburn offers pleasing lines and shifts in proportion. Three-quarter sleeves balance the silhouette and shaping along the shoulders ensures a neat fit. Designed for 4-6″ of ease in lightweight Loft, this pullover bridges structure and comfort.
- 6 (7, 7, 9, 9, 10) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Faded Quilt
- 1550 (1740, 1920, 2230, 2430, 2655) total yards of fingering weight wool yarn
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 24 stitches & 40 rows = 4″ in Narrow Garter Rib Chart or Wide Garter Rib Chart, after blocking
Note: Both stitch and row gauge are important; since the body is worked side-to-side, the number of rows worked determines the width of the piece. Be sure to swatch both stitch patterns.
- One 40″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
- 36 (40, 44, 48, 52, 56)” [91.5 (101.5, 112, 122, 132, 142) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: +4–6″ [10–15 cm]
- Sample shown is size 40″ [101.5 cm] with 8″ [20.5 cm] ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Backward Loop Cast On