Copse is more than six feet of plush texture to keep you cozy in the chill mountain air. This chunky wrap is proof that Quarry loves to cable, yielding opulent loops and chevrons that are plump and defined. Shifts in scale and direction of the cable crossings produce beautifully balanced bold motifs. The wrap is worked flat from end to end, and a variation on I-cord at the long edges produces flat, non-curling selvedges. Choose a pale hue like Alabaster, Moonstone, or Geode (shown here) to show off the cables most dramatically, or opt for a bright pop of color like Sulphur as a woodsy accent.
- 1505 yards of chunky weight wool yarn
- 8 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Quarry (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 200 yards/100g)
- Photographed in color Geode
Please note: the stitch patterns in this wrap are charted only.
- One 29-stitch panel from Chart A or B measures 5¼” wide, after blocking
- 23 rows = 4″ in chart pattern
- One 40″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 6½ mm (US 10½)
- 17¾” wide; 75½” long