Trim sophistication for sightseeing or touring the vineyards. This sleekly fitted pullover in Arbor features bold parallelogram cables filled with reverse stockinette that lean into a central supporting cable, then branch into a flattering V across the upper torso. The set-in sleeve caps echo the motif, and delicate single-rib edges add to the feminine effect. Shaping at the waist and on princess seam lines creates a slim fit that pairs well with skirts and boots. Fieldstone is worked in pieces and sewn together, with the dainty crewneck band picked up to knit in the round after assembly.
- 1275 (1390, 1565, 1810, 2005, 2190) total yards of DK weight wool yarn
- 9 (10, 11, 13, 14, 16) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee wool; 145 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Degas
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.
- 22 stitches & 32 rounds/rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 19-stitch panel from Left or Right Cable Chart = 2″ wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 8-stitch panel from Center Cable Chart = 1″ wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* and one 16″ circular needle, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
Note: Both stitch and row gauge are important for this garment.
- 31¼ (35¾, 39¾, 44¼, 48¾, 52¾)” [79.5 (91, 101, 112.5, 124, 134) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 1–2″ [2.5–5 cm]
- Sample shown is size 35¾” [91 cm] with 4¾” [12 cm] ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Rib Cabled Cast On
- Sloped Bind Off
- 1×1 Tubular Bind Off
- Kitchener Stitch (Grafting)