Indulge in the satisfaction of watching embossed shapes unfold with this heavily textured pullover. Foldlines melds multiple genres of hand making, opening the eyes to the creative ways in which fabric can be manipulated for stunning visual and tactile effect. Constructed to be uncomplicated in shape for relaxed wearing and to highlight the allover geometric motif reminiscent of a four-pointed origami star, Foldlines is sure to integrate easily into your trousseau.
This garment in Arbor is worked flat, in pieces, from the bottom up, then seamed at the shoulders. The sleeves are then picked up from the armholes and worked flat to the cuff; the sleeves and sides are then seamed. The collar is picked up and worked circularly after garment assembly. The allover geometric motif is worked from charts only.
- 10 (11, 14, 17, 19) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee Wool; 145 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Thaw
1360 (1595, 1925, 2400, 2755) total yards of DK weight wool yarn
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- One 22-stitch and 48-row motif from Foldlines Chart measures 3½” wide and 5″ tall with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One 24″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One 24″ circular needle and one 16″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¼ mm (US 3)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
- 35½ (42½, 49½, 56½, 63½)” [90 (108, 125.5, 143.5, 161.5) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 8″ [20.5 cm]
- Sample shown is size 42½” [108 cm] with 11″ [29 cm] ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Backward Loop Cast On
Sloped Bind Off