Curl up in this plush, oversized cowl on chilly days. Furrow’s simple stitches make for easy knitting, and a gentle bell shape — achieved by decreases within the moss stitch segments — makes styling effortless. Knit to 18″ tall, the cowl drapes and folds elegantly, but it can be shortened if you prefer less volume or wish to use a smaller amount of yarn. Pair it with a Furrow Hat for a matched set of accessories.
Furrow is also available as part of Jared Flood’s first print book, WOOLENS.
- 4 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 140 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Tartan and Fossil
Ranch 01 Version
- 3 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Ranch 01 (100% American Rambouillet wool; 220 yards/100 grams)
- Photographed in color Marigold + Indigo
- 480 yards of worsted weight wool yarn
Ranch 01 Version
- 552 yards of worsted weight wool yarn
Please note: the stitch patterns in this scarf include charted and written instructions.
- 18 stitches & 28 rows = 4” in Moss Stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- One 8-stitch motif from Furrow Cowl Chart measures 1¼” wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One 24” circular needle in size needed to obtain chart gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Edging)
- One 24” circular needle, three sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
- 36¾” [93.5 cm] circumference at bottom; 26¼” [66.5 cm] circumference at top; 18″ [45.5 cm] height
- Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Cabled Cast On