Ann McCauley introduces her seventh design for Wool People: Gehry is a swingy V-neck pullover for bold, clean style—kin to Arabella, her popular design from Wool People 7. The A-line shape is notched with large decorative side vents, and ribbed epaulets highlight the trimly tailored shoulders. Single-row welts of purl stitches crisply set off the deep ribbings.
The four pieces are worked flat in Loft and seamed. Stitches are picked up along each side of the neck and vents and worked flat to form the ribbings—with decreases for shaping at the apex of the triangles—then united with short seams.
To balance the extra fabric of Gehry’s dramatic A-line, choose a size that gives you just a few inches of ease at the bust.
- 1265 (1485, 1665, 1885, 2125, 2340) yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 24 stitches & 36 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch, after blocking
- One pair of straight needles or one 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
- 32¾ (36¾, 40¾, 44¾, 48¾, 52¾)” circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 2–4″
- Sample shown is size 36¾” with + 2¾” ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern
- Cabled Cast On