These classic colorwork mittens offer a great canvas for playing with color! We were drawn to a tone-on-tone combination of natural browns and greys, but brighter and more colorful combinations are also enticing. Although 4 colors are required for the pattern, you will only ever be working with 2 colors on any given round. Beginning with a ribbed hem, the mittens are worked circularly from the bottom up and feature a side-gore thumb.
4 colors of fingering-weight wool yarn
- Color 1 (C1): approximately 60 yards
- Color 2 (C2): approximately 55 yards
- Color 3 (C3): approximately 50 yards
- Color 4 (C4): approximately 50 yards
- 1 skein each of 4 colors of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50g)
- Photographed in Pumpernickel (C1), Woodsmoke (C2), Truffle Hunt (C3), Stormcloud (C4)
Please note, the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 8 stitches & 8 rounds = 1″ in 2-color circular stranded Stockinette with Gauge Needle; measurement taken from relaxed fabric after blocking
- One set of Double Pointed Needles (DPNs) or long circular (if working Magic Loop Method) in size needed to obtain colorwork gauge listed
- Suggested Size: US 3 (3¼ mm)
- 8″ hand circumference, 11½” length from base of ribbed hem to fingertip, 2¼” thumb length