With its lined pockets and mock-middy collar, Cecily’s comfortable cardigan is one you’ll want to have at the ready, whether you’re going out or staying in. The sculptural slant cables – placed on Front, Back, Collar and Sleeves – add interest and balance, creating a classic and wearable style. Body and sleeves are worked in the round to the underarm, keeping finishing to a minimum, so you can do less seaming and more wearing!
- Approximately 1095 (1190, 1280, 1375, 1475, 1585, 1675, 1780, 1885) yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- 18 stitches & 26 rows/rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle, both before and after blocking
- 10-stitch Cable Panel measures approximately 1½” after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of four or five double-pointed needles (DPNs) in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Buttonband):
- One 32″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
- 30½ (34¼, 37¾, 41¼, 44¾, 48¼, 52, 55½, 59)” bust circumference
- Intended ease: 1-2″
- Sample is shown in size 34¼” with +1″ ease on model
- Body is worked first, in one piece, from the bottom up. Fronts and Back are divided at the underarm and worked separately for the remainder of pattern.
- You will divide for pocket openings as you work the body, returning to work pocket linings during finishing.
- Sleeves are worked second, in the round, from bottom up. Stitches are bound off at the underarm and sleeve cap is worked back and forth to end.
- After shoulders are joined together, Collar is worked from remaining live stitches of Fronts and Back. Collar will maintain pattern as established in body throughout.