This shawl combines classic knit-purl patterning (quoting Guernsey sweaters traditionally worn by Fishermen in the northern European Isles) with a more modern, wearable shape. The Guernsey Triangle is a lightweight companion piece to the rectangular Guernsey Wrap that I designed in the Fall of 2010. Two sizes have been provided: the small version – a wool kerchief – can be easily worn alone over a shirt or blouse, or layered outerwear; the large shawl version may be comfortably wrapped around the shoulders or gathered around the neck for a look with more volume.
- Approximately 390 (630) yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 26 stitches & 44 rows = 4″, measured over Swatch Chart (see Swatching Supplement), before blocking
- 20 stitches & 38 rows = 4″ measured over Swatch Chart, after lace-blocking
- Size A (Gauge Needle): One 32” circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed above
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
- 38 (59)” wingspan, 19 (29½)” height at spine; measurements taken from relaxed fabric after lace-blocking
- Small Version (Large Version)