Through June 30th, the Gully pattern is free with purchase of one or more skeins of Brooklyn Tweed’s new laceweight yarn, Vale. Purchasers of Vale will receive a coupon for a free digital copy of Gully in their Vale shipment.
For transitional weather or days when you just want a touch of accent color and woolly comfort, Gully makes a light and understated accessory. Deep and waffly brioche stitch punctuated with slantwise panels gives soft and fluid structure to this shaped cowl, which fits closely about the neck. The piece is knit flat, with tiers of decreases creating a taper, and seamed. A ribbed cable cast-on worked with two strands of yarn yields a strong and stable edge. Gully comes with written directions.
The pattern is free with purchase of a skein of Brooklyn Tweed Vale through June 30.
- 310 total yards of laceweight wool yarn
- 17 stitches & 52 rows = 4″ in Brioche Stitch with Size A needle(s), after stretch-blocking
- Note that for Brioche Stitch, each elongated stitch in a column of knit stitches represents two rows; when you count these it will appear that 26 rows = 4″
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size B (for Upper Hem)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle*, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3 mm (US 2½)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
- 26¾” [68 cm] circumference at base, 20″ [51 cm] circumference at top; 13½” [34.5 cm] length
Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking.
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Rib Cabled Cast On
- Lacy Bind Off
- Stretch Blocking