For an engaging knit that takes full advantage of Peerie’s crisp stitch definition, lively bounce, and all-around versatility, try the Ines Pullover. The highlight of this tailored, square turtleneck pullover are intriguing center panels of textural collage at both the front and the back. Half-twisted ribbing, garter stitch, and cable twists each take their turn on backgrounds of stockinette and reverse stockinette to yield a piece nothing short of impressive.
This pullover is worked flat, in pieces, from the bottom up, then seamed together. The collar is picked up and worked circularly after garment assembly. The textured motifs are worked from charts only.
1355 (1525, 1695, 1865, 2035, 2200) total yards of fingering weight wool yarn
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.
- 26 stitches & 40 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 63-stitch panel from Ines Chart measures 8½” wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauges listed
- Suggested Size: 3.25 mm (US 3)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* and one 16″ circular needle, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 2.25 mm (US 1)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
- 32 (36, 40, 44, 48, 52)” [81.5 (91.5, 101.5, 112, 122, 132) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 0–4″ [0–10 cm]
- Sample shown is size 36″ [91.5 cm] with 4″ [10 cm] ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Rib Cabled Cast On
- Grafted Bind Off
- Steam Blocking