A simple cap to keep in your coat pocket for nippy mornings or windy walks at the coast, Isthmus comes with options to suit your personal style. Knit a fitted beanie or a slouchy version with garter earflaps and a taller crown — even a pompom, if you like. Printed with garter triangles and spangled with a star at the crown, this hat is a quick knit in Quarry.
- 1 skein Brooklyn Tweed Quarry (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 200 yards/100 grams)
- Photographed in colors Lazulite (Fitted Hat) & Slate (Slouchy Hat)
- 110 (155) total yards of chunky weight wool yarn
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.
- 14 stitches & 27 rounds = 4″ in chart pattern with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One 16″ circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5½ mm (US 9)
Size B (for Brim)
- One 16″ circular needle*, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of 16” circular and DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round.
Fitted (Slouchy) Hat
- 20 (20)” [51 (51) cm] circumference; 7½ (9)” [19 (23) cm] length