This oversized dolman top was inspired by modern loungewear. Knit at a relaxed, lofty gauge, the oversized fit is perfect for cozying up. The clean shape features several subtle details – sideways-knit direction, shaped lower hem, exposed shoulder seams and a generous fold-over collar that adds to the relaxed feel. The long, ribbed cuffs keep the garment fitted through the lower arm and can easily be doubled back, or worn slouchy.
- Approximately 1635 (1755, 1910, 2040, 2215, 2335) yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 22 stitches & 32 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needles, after blocking
Note that finished (blocked) Row Gauge is of critical importance in this pattern. If you are not matching row gauge, shaping rates will need to be re-calculated along the edges to match schematic measurements. Swatching beforehand is very much encouraged.
Size A (Gauge Needle):
- One pair of straight or one 32″ long circular needle(s), and one 16″ long circular, in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
- One 32″ circular needle and a set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) three sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 2¾ mm (US 2)
If using the Magic Loop method for working Sleeves in the round, the 32″ circular needles can be used and the DPNs omitted.
- 48 (52, 56, 60, 64, 68)” finished bust circumference
- This is an oversized garment intended to fit 30-32 (34-36, 38-40, 42-44, 46-48, 50-52)” bust
- Sample shown is size 52″ on model with a 34″ bust