For the adventurous knitter, this shawl is worked back and forth with lace patterning on both RS and WS rows. The triangle begins at top center with a provisional cast on over a small number of stitches. The shawl is shaped outward towards the edges and is finished with a wide knitted-on edging that is attached to the perimeter of the central triangle as it is worked, eliminating the need for a traditional, inelastic bind off.
- Approximately 440 (480) yards of sport (worsted)-weight wool yarn
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 19 (15) stitches & 24 (20) rows to 4 inches in Lace Pattern from Chart B, after blocking
- One 32” circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed above
- Suggested needle size: US 7 (9) [4.5 (5.5)mm]
- 48 (61)” wingspan, 23 (30)” height at center back, blocked
- Sport-Weight Medium (Worsted-Weight Large) Version