This deep and well-proportioned triangle shawl works outward from a twisted-stitch variation of a traditional garter tab. Textured arrows of reverse stockinette flow down both sides into a unique four-stitch textured border that is also reflected around the center spine. Originally written for use with a double strand of Loft or a single strand of Shelter, Kindling is a light and rustic layer to float over a winter coat. Worked in worsted-spun Arbor, Kindling’s comforting weight allows it to serve as a sweater replacement if you wish to brave the chill during an early morning walk or evening out.
- Fingering Weight Version (Yarn Held Double): 1410 total yards of fingering weight wool yarn, held double throughout
- DK Weight Version: 875 total yards of DK weight wool yarn
- Worsted Weight Version: 710 total yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- Fingering Weight Version: 6 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 275 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Foothills
- DK Weight Version: 6 skeins Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee Wool; 145 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Rainier
- Worsted Weight Version: 6 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 140 yards/50 grams)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 19 stitches & 26 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Gauge Needle, before blocking
- 18 stitches & 24 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Gauge Needle, relaxed after lace-blocking
- 17 stitches & 24 rows = 4″ in Chart C pattern with Gauge Needle, relaxed after lace-blocking
One 32″ circular in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: for Fingering & Worsted Versions 5 mm (US 8), for DK Version 4.5 mm (US 7)
- 62″ wingspan, 30″ height at center spine; measurements taken from relaxed fabric after lace-blocking