LaBarre’s textured tunic takes advantage of Shelter’s wonderful garter stitch fabric – creating a soft and spongy fabric that is wonderful to cuddle up in. The garment is worked circularly from the top down and makes for a knitter-friendly experience with minimal finishing. We love the cozy cowl neck and the welted trim details. An offset columnar lace insertion adorns both front and back, and keeps the garter stitch rounds from becoming monotonous.
- Approximately 1025 (1130, 1230, 1335, 1455, 1595) yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- Working Gauge: 18 stitches & 32 rounds = 4″ in garter stitch worked in the round with Size A needle, before blocking
- Finished Gauge: 18 stitches & 28 rounds = 4″ in garter stitch worked in the round with Size A needle, after blocking
Size A needle:
- One 16″ circular, one 32″ circular and one set of four or five double-pointed needles (DPNs) in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
- 34¼ (38¾, 43, 47½, 52, 56½)” bust circumference
- Suggested ease: 0-3″
- Sample shown is size 34¼” with 0″ ease on model
- The cowl is worked first, then stitches are picked up from the cowl and Tunic is worked in the round from the top down.
- Stitches are transferred to waste yarn for the sleeves and the Body is continued in the round to the hem.
- The sleeves are worked after completion of the Body.