Inspired by patterns of sunlight through antique leaded windows, a branching geometric tracery radiates from a pinhole cast-on. The central square of this lace stole is worked circularly, with two sides extended working flat to form a large rectangle. A garter stitch edge finishes the perimeter. Knit in laceweight Vale, Leadlight makes a weightless and intricately beautiful accessory to elevate simple outfits or crown a formal dress.
- 19 stitches & 34 rows = 4″ in Chart D pattern, after blocking
- One 32-stitch panel from Chart D measures 6¾” wide, after blocking
Note: Gauge for this project changes considerably after blocking; please block your swatch prior to measuring to ensure correct sizing.
- One each 16″, 24″, and 32″ circular needles, and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e. center of stole).
- 22½” [57 cm] wide; 68¾” [174.5 cm] long
Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Pinhole Cast On
- K2tog-tbl Bind Off