A pullover with short dolman sleeves makes a versatile overlayer to add to your capsule wardrobe. Lohman ices the cake with a dreamy shawl collar in a handsome garter welt pattern. Worked flat in three pieces with all shaping achieved by basic techniques, this is an accessible project for less experienced knitters and good social knitting for the more confident. A rolled hem and a subtle welt detail at the sleeve edges keep Lohman’s lines clean and simple. This garment is intended to fit with generous ease, but the light fabric of Loft will prevent it from overwhelming your frame.
- 1475 (1625, 1815, 2030, 2235, 2420) yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 23 stitches & 35 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch, after blocking
- 23 stitches & 38 rows = 4″ in Garter Ridge Pattern, after blocking
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e., Sleeve edgings).
- 38¼ (42½, 46½, 50¾, 55, 59¼)” circumference at midriff
- Intended to fit bust sizes 30–32 (34–36, 38–40, 42–44, 46–48, 50–52)”
- Sample shown is size 42½” on model with 32″ bust
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Backward Loop Cast On
- Sloped Bind Off