Inspired by the work of Frank Lloyd Wright, Midway features a broad A-line skirt accentuated by triangular chevron panels in varying scales. A generous ribbed cowl neck balances the shape and provides the coziness of two layers of Shelter. The pullover is worked entirely in the round with sinuous raglan shaping and short rows. Midway is designed for a relaxed fit; we’ve styled it with 7” of ease. The need to keep a variety of motifs in pattern during shaping and short rows makes this design most suitable for intermediate to experienced knitters.
- 1325 (1445, 1600, 1720, 1885, 2010) yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- 10 (11, 12, 13, 14, 15) skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 140 yards/50g)
- Photographed in color Homemade Jam
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 18 stitches & 30 rounds = 4″ in Floating Chevrons or Mega Chevron I or II from charts with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric and Collar)
- One each 16″, 24″ and 32″ circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One set of DPNs* one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One set of DPNs* one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Size D (for Collar only)
- One 24″ circular needle one size larger than Size A
- Suggested Size: 5½ mm (US 9)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e., Sleeves).
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 36½ (40, 43½, 47, 50¾, 54¼)” circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 4–6″
- Sample shown is size 40″ with + 7″ ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern
- 2×2 Tubular Cast On
- Short Rows: Yarn Over Method
- 1×1 Tubular Bind Off