A dramatic peplum creates a memorable silhouette and a very engaging knit. Nobu is a study in texture as well as form. A dense lattice of small cables on the back and sleeves creates flattering diagonal lines and lends the necessary structure to support the peplum’s flare, while the front is embellished with OXO motifs flanking a panel that looks like rings of chainmail. The tailored shapes are worked flat from the bottom up and sewn together. Because the cabled fabric in Shelter is quite dense, allow yourself 2-4″ of ease to achieve a fit that’s svelte but not restrictive.
- 1230 (1295, 1365, 1445, 1520, 1585, 1680) yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- 9 (10, 10, 11, 11, 12, 12) skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 140 yards/50g)
- Photographed in color Wool Socks
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 24 stitches & 28 rows = 4″ in Left- or Right-Slanting Lattice Chart pattern with Size A needle, after blocking
- One 8-stitch repeat from center of Lower or Upper Front Chart measures 1¼” wide with Size A needle, after blocking
- One 10-stitch cable from side of Lower or Upper Front Chart measures 1¾” wide with Size A needle, after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One 32″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauges listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Neckband)
- One 16″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One 32″ circular needle, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
37 (39, 41, 43, 45, 47, 49)” circumference at bust
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- 1×1 Tubular Cast On (Flat Knitting; even number of stitches)
- 1×1 Tubular Bind Off