This hat has a slouchy fit and features a subtle garter stitch chevron texture. The finished fabric is comfortable and stretchy, and fits a range of adult head sizes. Optional tassels are added to the top for a unique, whimsical touch – a tutorial for the tassels is provided at the end of the pattern.
- Approximately 270 yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 25 stitches & 44 rounds = 4″ in circular garter stitch
- 28 stitches & 41 rounds = 4″ in charted Texture Pattern (circular)
Size A needle:
- One 16″ circular and one set of DPNs in size needed to obtain gauge
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
- 19½” unstretched circumference at widest point; 9½” unstretched length from base of brim to top of crown
Note: All measurements taken on relaxed hat, after blocking; finished fabric is very stretchy and will fit over head sizes listed below.
- To fit average adult head sizes (20-24″ circumference)
- This hat is worked circularly (in the round) from base of brim to top of crown.
- Optional tassels are attached to top-center of crown after knitting has been completed.