Wrap yourself in wooly warmth as you head off for your favorite trailhead. Notch reminds us of deep and narrow mountain passes, with slipped stitch columns creating high relief ridges aloft a valley of knit and purl stitches. Knit in Quarry, this wrap will surely keep you warm though the openness of double yarn overs worked in the fabric will hinder overheating as you wander the wilderness. A simple two row-repeating pattern makes Notch a perfect trailside companion.
- 4 skeins Brooklyn Tweed Quarry (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 200 yards/100 grams)
- Photographed in color Sandstone
- 750 total yards of chunky weight wool yarn
Please note, the pattern includes both charted and written instructions.
15 stitches & 22 rows = 4″ in Notch Pattern, after blocking
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 8mm (US 11)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
- 17″ [43 cm] wide; 65½” [166.5 cm] long
- Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking.
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Long-Tail Cast On
- Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Better Bind Off