These stranded mittens feature graphic diamond shapes on the top of hand and an allover chevron pattern on the palm. Worked in a pair of classic greys, they are sure to go with just about any color in your wardrobe. Thumbs are shaped via a side gore construction for a snug, anatomical fit. When you have increased to the full amount of thumb stitches you will place this section waste yarn, returning later to work the thumb separately from the rest of the hand portion.
Dominant Color (DC): 75 yards (photographed in Soot)
Background Color (BC): 115 yards (photographed in Snowbound)
- 2 skeins (1 per color) of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50g)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 8 stitches and 8 rounds = 1″ in stranded colorwork (worked in the round), after blocking
- One set of DPNs (or a long circular, if using the Magic Loop Method) in size needed to obtain gauge listed above (Sugg. US 3/3¼ mm)
- One set of DPNs (or long circular) each two and three sizes smaller than Gauge Needle (sugg. US 1/2¼ mm & US 0/2mm)
- 7¼” hand circumference; 9″ length from base of cuff to fingertips
- Dimensions taken after blocking