This large lace shawl begins in the center and is shaped outward towards the edges with 7 patterned “spokes.” The piece is worked in the round and, with the exception of Charts 5 & 6, has a free round of knitting in between each lace round, making this a well-balanced project between mindless and mindful knitting.
- Approximately 1300 yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 5 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50g)
- Photographed in Foothills
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 18 stitches & 24 rounds = 4″ over blocked lace fabric, measuring from a large swatch worked from the 10-stitch bracketed lace pattern in Chart 3; measurements taken from relaxed fabric after lace-blocking
- Note: Allow fabric to fully relax after unpinning, before taking final measurement
- One set of DPNs, one 32″, and one 40″ circular (optional) in size needed to obtain gauge
- Suggested Size: US 6 (4 mm)
- 58″ diameter; measurement take from relaxed fabric after lace-blocking (24 hours after completion of blocking)