Islands and ripples of stockinette in a sea of delicate lace mark this beautiful stole. The sense of balance and organic movement in Irina’s distinctive aesthetic makes this piece feel like an instant heirloom. A provisional cast-on allows you to work in two directions, knitting the center panel and one end before picking up stitches from the cast-on to mirror the motifs on the other end. Saiph’s generous dimensions make a commanding statement when the ends are flowing loose, but the airy fabric of Plains allows for easy wrapping and gathering without bulk when you want to warm your shoulders and frame your face.
- 1150 yards of lace weight wool yarn
- 3 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Plains (100% American Rambouillet wool; 440 yards/50g)
- Photographed in color Treehouse
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 21 stitches & 25 rows = 4″ in Lace Pattern from charts, after blocking
- One 32″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
- 21¼” [54 cm] wide; 83″ [211 cm] long
- Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Provisional Cast On (Crochet Chain Method)