This blanket is inspired by vintage baby blankets and shawls knit with fine wools and puts a twist on the traditional Feather-and-Fan motif (also known as “Old Shale”). The blanket is of simple construction: cast on and worked in one direction for the entire project.
- Approximately 840 yards of worsted-weight wool yarn
- 14 stitches & 24 rows = 4” in lace pattern after blocking
- 17 stitches & 28 rows = 4” in stockinette stitch
- One 32” circular needle in size needed to obtain gauges listed above
- Suggested needle size: US 9 (5.5mm)
- 32” x 40” rectangle, after blocking