Inspired by utilitarian working shawls, this large heirloom piece features a center-out construction and an intricate lace motif framing the simple, geometric center. Worked in a lofty fingering weight wool, it creates a warm and cozy fabric that invites snuggling up under. Use it as a dramatic wardrobe accessory, a special heirloom baby shawl, or even as a lightweight throw in your living space — versatility is one of the hallmarks of this design.
- Approximately 1600 yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 6 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50g)
- Photographed in color Old World
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 16 stitches & 30 rounds = 4″ in circular Stockinette Stitch; relaxed after light lace-blocking
- Note: This fabric is lightly lace-blocked, just enough to open up the motifs (without stretching them tightly), in order to maintain a fuller-bodied fabric in the finished piece
- One 32″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge
- One set of DPNs in same size as Gauge Needle for working beginning of shawl and knitted-on edging
- Suggested Size: US 5 (3¾ mm)
- 53” x 53” square; relaxed after blocking (see blocking note above)