Leila’s sweet cowl is a quick project for small amounts of yarn. A great last-minute gift, the cowl is worked circularly from the bottom up and features a woven cable motif sprinkled with intermittent lace leaf motifs. Top and bottom hems feature a 1×2 rib. Worked in our sagey Foothills colorway, Sweetgrass is a great lightweight layer to wear as Winter starts transitioning into Spring.
- Approximately 285 yards of fingering-weight wool yarn
- 2 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50g)
- Photographed in Foothills
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- Pattern Gauge: 36 stitches & 32 rounds = 5″ over Sweetgrass Chart Gauge Needle; measurement taken from relaxed fabric after moderate lace-blocking (slight, non-aggressive stretch)
- Stockinette “Reference” Gauge: 24 stitches & 36 rounds = 4″ in circular Stockinette Stitch with Gauge Needle; measurement taken from relaxed fabric after blocking
- One 16″ circular needle (or set of 5 DPNs) in size needed to obtain gauges listed
- Suggested size: US 4 (3½ mm)
- 21″ circumference; 10¼” length; measurements taken from relaxed fabric after moderate lace-blocking