Casual but crisp, Tallis is a simple knit with a sporty edge that will integrate easily into any wardrobe. Columns of twisted broken rib delineate the A-line torso and exaggerated drop shoulders, forming an eye-catching sleeve cap detail that matches the distinctive fabric of the hem and cuffs. A delicate open neckline and the gentle flare of the torso keep the look feminine and versatile. Tallis is worked flat with simple shapes and basic techniques, making it an excellent project for the adventurous beginner. Make yours understated in cool winter colors like Postcard or Faded Quilt or choose a saturated hue like Embers or Plume—this design will sing either way.
- 1160 (1295, 1435, 1580, 1730, 1875) yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- 20 stitches & 30 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- One pair of straight needles or a 24″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
- One 16″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
- 35½ (40½, 43½, 48½, 51½, 56½)” circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 4–6″
- Sample shown is size 40½” with 8.5″ ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Sloped Bind Off