Nothing is cozier about the neck than a cowl of densely worked cables in soft wool. Traveler gathers small cables into large rope motifs to give the fabric added depth, and the cartridge rib of the edging flows between the cables for pleasing continuity. Hidden decreases shape the cowl into a gentle funnel for a superior fit. Worked from a chart in four skeins of Shelter, this handsome accessory is sure to be a winter favorite.
Traveler is also available as part of Jared Flood’s first print book, WOOLENS.
- 440 yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- 4 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 140 yards/50g)
- Photographed in color Sweatshirt
Please note, stitch patterns for this cowl are charted only.
- 25½ stitches & 30 rounds = 4” in pattern from Traveler Chart with Size A needle, after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One 24″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One 24″ circular needle, three sizes smaller than Size A or in a size needed to obtain rib gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
- 34½” [87.5 cm] circumference at bottom
- 28¾” [73 cm] circumference at top
- 12″ [30.5 cm] height
- Measurements taken from relaxed fabric after blocking