The Umaro blanket combines a little bit of everything — cables, lace, and knit-purl patterns — to create a veritable symphony of texture that is every bit as soothing to knit as it is inviting to curl up under. Yarnovers and directional decreases grow into and out of staggered cables to form an allover pattern of intricate diamonds, while seed stitch around the blanket and within the geometric motifs serves as a soft and pebbly contrast. With instructions to knit a range of sizes using Arbor, Shelter, or Quarry, Umaro boasts versatile possibilities for decorating your home and for making heirloom pieces for every member of your family.
- 7 (15, 28) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee Wool; 145 yards/50 grams)
- Baby Blanket photographed in color Morandi
- 6 (14, 26) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 140 yards/50 grams)
- Medium Throw photographed in color Stormcloud
- 4 (10, 20) skeins Brooklyn Tweed Quarry (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 200 yards/100 grams)
- Large Coverlet photographed in color Slate
- 942 (2150, 3984) total yards of DK weight wool yarn
- 789 (1870, 3584) total yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- 793 (1935, 3878) total yards of chunky weight wool yarn
Please note: the stitch patterns in this throw include both written and charted instructions.
- 16 stitches & 28 rows = 4″ in Seed Stitch after blocking
- Shelter: 16 stitches & 32 rows = 4″ in Seed Stitch after blocking
- Quarry: 8 stitches & 16 rows = 4″ with yarn held double in Seed Stitch after blocking
One 40″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- DK Weight: 4.5 mm (US 7)
- Worsted Weight: 5.5 mm (US 9)
- Chunky Weight: 9 mm (US 13)
- Baby Blanket (Throw, Coverlet)
- Approximately 29 (44, 63)” [73.5 (112, 160) cm] wide; 36 (56, 75)” [91.5 (142, 190.5) cm] long
Note that exact dimensions vary based on yarn used. Refer to the sizing matrix in the pattern for exact dimensions.
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Long-Tail Cast On