A blaze of fall color about the shoulders makes this cheerful Loft pullover a pleasure to knit and wear. Worked circularly from the bottom up with gentle waist shaping, Voe offers plenty of mellow stockinette before the fireworks of the yoke. An innovative stranding approach creates tiny dashes of woven color amid the motifs. The hem and cuffs are distinguished by a contrast-color cast-on and garter double rib, with the yoke design echoed on the sleeves. The slim, tailored fit and wide, shallow neckline give Voe a vintage, feminine feel.
Fingering weight wool yarn:
- 1575 (1755, 1965, 2175, 2415, 2640, 2870) yards Color 1 (C1)
- 130 (140, 150, 165, 170, 185, 190) yards Color 2 (C2)
- 105 (115, 125, 135, 140, 150, 155) yards Color 3 (C3)
Brooklyn Tweed Loft — 100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool (275 yards/50 grams)
- 6 (7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 11) skeins of C1
- 1 skein each of C2 and C3
- Photographed in colors Truffle Hunt (C1), Embers (C2) & Camper (C3) and Snowbound (C1), Old World (C2) & Faded Quilt (C3)
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.
- 27 stitches & 40 rounds = 4″ in single-color stockinette stitch with Size A needle, after blocking
- 27 stitches & 35 rounds = 4″ in charted colorwork with Size B needle, after blocking
Note: Correct length of the one-piece yoke is dependent upon achieving the stated round gauge.
Size A (for Single-Color Stockinette Stitch and Garter Rib)
- One each 16″, 24″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¼ mm (US 3)
Size B (for Charted Colorwork)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs, one size larger than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Due to significant variance between knitters, your colorwork fabric should be swatched prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether or not Size B should be larger, smaller or equal to Size A. Please read about Speed Swatching for Circular Knitting (see Special Techniques).
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
- 32 (35½, 39, 42¾, 46¼, 49¾, 53¼)” [81.5 (90, 99, 108.5, 117.5, 126.5, 135.5) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 1–3″ [2.5–7.5 cm]
- Sample shown is size 35½” [90 cm] with 4½” [11.5 cm] ease on model
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- Speed Swatching for Circular Knitting
- Color Dominance
- German Twisted Cast On
- Short Rows: Sunday Method
- Kitchener Stitch (Grafting)