Wayfarer is a textured scarf whose raised ridges meander across a field of garter stitch through the combination of increases and decreases. The scarf has a slipped stitch selvedge on both sides — every row begins by slipping the first stitch with yarn in front, then bringing the yarn between your two needles to the back in order work second stitch.
- Approximately 400 yards of worsted-weight wool yarn
- 18 stitches and 18 ridges (36 rows) per 4 inches in garter stitch before blocking
- One set of straight or circular needles in size needed to obtain gauge listed above
- Suggested needle size: US 8 (5mm)
- 8″ x 78″ rectangle after blocking