Wexford is a simple rectangle with geometric eyelet patterning that creates X’s and diamonds over the length of the piece. The graphic motifs are punctuated with bobble clusters at the points where diagonals intersect for an unexpected bit of texture. If you prefer a bobble- less version, simply replace the Bobble symbols in the chart with regular knit stitches. For best results during finishing, we recommend using blocking wires to keep the edges of the pattern crisp and straight.
- Approximately 725 yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 3 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 275 yards/50g)
- Photographed in color Snowbound
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
- 22 stitches & 30 rows = 4″ over Wexford Lace Pattern (Chart B); relaxed after lace-blocking
- One 24″ circular needle or pair of straights in size needed to obtain gauge listed above
- Suggested Size: US 6 (4 mm)
- 13½” wide, 78″ long; measurements taken from relaxed fabric after lace-blocking